title image

title image

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

all you need is love

Happy Valentine's Day! =) My sweet hubby had these beautiful roses for me last night when I got home from work. He wanted to make sure I had them to take to work with me today. So thoughtful!( I will share the pictures from what I did for him this morning later)  I love my man more and more everyday. Valentines day may be oober sappy and rediculous to some, but it's a very special day for me and I love the sappiness. Jason and I officially had our first weekend together (we dated long distance) on Valentines Day (here's your visual from that weekend).. it was also the date of our first kiss (oo la la!) It was a wonderful weekend. I will never forget going to Pei Wei (one of my favorite Japanese restaurants) and just being in a trance as we shared a wonderful conversation and totally fell for one another. It was like a dream. Alright.. I'm done with the sappy stuff (mostly)..

This year we actually celebrated Saturday night because we have redemtption ministries classes tonight. I made him a dinner of baked shrimp in a butter/white wine/ lemon/ greek seasoning sauce along with some four cheese bread for dipping.  I also made lettuce wraps and strawberry cake for dessert. It all turned out quite well. I continue to get more and more confident in the kitchen. It's amazing what you can learn not only from watching the food network, but just through  plain experience. I love growing as a wife and lady of my home. It's a true delight. Anyway.. after dinner we exchanged gifts. I got him this

It's one of the best christian movies to date.. if you haven't seen it.. DO! It's all about being the man/father God created you to be. Jason cried in the theater when we went to see it. Very moving and powerful!
Jason got me a tin of Gherideli chocolates.. including my fav. raspberry with dark chocolate- YUM! Along with two cards (one serious and one funny). He's so sweet. AND this..

Funny story.. I actually got this same ring for Christmas, but was fiddling with it one day and dropped it on the hard floor and chipped off pieces of the stone.  =( I was SO bummed.. so Jason replaced it. =) Anyway.. we enjoyed our evening by candlelight and our cool new electric fireplace. It was a night to remember.

Tonight we will be showing love in another way. Every Tuesday Jason teaches  a men's class for the recovery ministries at our church. I help out in the women's class that same night. Tonight, we get to show the members of the class God's love. We will enjoy a Valentine's Day potluck. How fulfilling. I think that's a pretty wonderful way to spend Valentine's day. God IS love after all.

No comments: