title image

title image

Monday, February 13, 2012

cultivate beauty

”Whatever keeps us from his beauty keeps us from his presence.”


I just read this post from one of the blogs I follow "Women Living Well" It was about preserving the beauty around us and how to make everything more beautiful. I think I tend to do this  naturally. I absolutely love making things more beautiful and special by setting the surroundings.. setting an atmosphere.. it's so simple to add a candle here.. some music.. a fireplace. If you just take a few extra minutes to make this happen... it's soo worth it. The writer of this list saved her family by observing some of these same guidelines:


. You can read books together – to make books even more beautiful – do it beside a fireplace with a warm glow.


2. You can serve the family a warm dinner – but if you add a candle and some light music it becomes an event.

3. Take the time to make holidays extra special – celebrate life together – this builds a beautiful strong foundation.

4. Read good books – you can only give to your children what you already possess inside. Good books are essential not a frivolity.

5. Expose your children to the best things – the best art, best people, best books, and the best thoughts.

And all this beauty doesn’t happen by accident. We must cultivate time for beauty and time to celebrate life with our families. We must remain connected to the source of all beauty.

I am so thankful for the advice of these godly women.. I pray that I can serve my home, my family, my husband with excellence.. as God would have me to do.

speaking of beauty.. it snowed today.. still snowing actually.. here's what my drive (no worries, Jason was driving) looked like this morning



No comments: