title image

title image

Monday, April 10, 2017

a new season

I'm tired and I have a little headache so I 'm not sure if I will be able to get my thoughts out quite right but we will see how this goes...

My little family is heading into a new season... literally. Here in springfield we are having a gorgeous spring so far. It's not one of those springs where it goes from mildly cold to super hot like last spring. We are having real spring weather and I love it. It's been rainy and a little on the chilly side... gradually getting warmer.. the grass and trees are green and are slowly getting prettier and prettier.. it's like a new exciting discovery. The slower build up makes it even better and more beautiful.


I recently did a senior photo shoot with my niece Hannah (check out her pictures on my Captured by Christa photography blog) so Annalise, on two occasions now, has wanted to pose for me. It is ADORABLE.



This little chica never wants to smile for the camera.. she seems to not even understand where the camera is at times. She just won't look at it. It's actually kinda cute. I have learned to just appreciate a more candid/ natural look because they are never looking into the camera and smiling pictures. These puppies are rare. She wanted to be like her cousin- really she probably just wanted the attention- it was pretty adroable whatever the motive. 

She is growing up waaaay too fast and this mama needs her to slow down. We are about to make a big transition and move back to Memphis where I am from. It's been a big stretch of faith and has required a lot of waiting but things are finally starting to move a little bit at a time. We are actually moving this coming sunday. Ahhh!! I've been ready for this for quite some time. Jason and I both have actually. God has been slowly revealing his will to us.. really kind of like Spring has slowly been coming in all it's beauty. I feel that the end result will be a beautiful thing- Just like the trees and grass and flowers. God is nourishing us and refining us as we wait on his perfect will. Thank you Lord for revealing that to me. You are so good. Anyway. We are moving to my home and I have no idea what that's going to look like with a husband and a child. All I know is life in memphis as a child and as a single woman. It will certainly be an interesting and wonderful new season. I pray that each step we take and each decision we make is the right one. I pray for wisdom and guidance as we lead a young child through this change. I thank God for the friends and family and mentors who have prayed us through this challenging time (don't stop!) I am so excited about making our home in Memphis. Jason and I will be finally purchasing a home together- we have always rented. HOME it just sounds good. It's time. We would like to expand our family beyond the 3 of us and we are looking at homes with the prayer that God will fill the rooms. He is so faithful. We have struggled with fertility and that's just a whole other blog post. We've definately been in a season of testing and patiently waiting on God. I am excited to see what awaits us on the other side of all of this. I don't know exactly what that will look like, but one thing I know for sure... It will be beautiful. 

 and for your viewing pleasure... I want to leave you with a few more modeling poses from a backyard session (by request of the 3 year old ) the other day. 




A FAVORITE




Love, Christa

No comments: