title image

title image

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Back to it

After an unexpected convo with one of my very best friends today, I decided it was time to get to blogging again. I just really feel that I need to do more with myself. More of what I love. I really feel that blogging covers that. I love writing, I love photography, and I love sharing. I am praying that God leads me into creating posts that will be interesting, a way to document our life and keep readers entertained. Annalise is 3 going on 13 and she is constantly saying and doing thing that I just have to document. She is growing so so fast. We are also in a crazy transition right now. We've taken a step of faith and are just holding our breath to see what's next. I want to remember this season and I want to document it in a beautiful way. I"ve always been a journaler, I've always been a photograper. I love it all. I love the artistic side of this too. So why not?! I have the time.. I just have to carve out a little space and prioritize. 

I think the last I wrote I was a new mom. Wow! That seems like ages ago. So.. how do I catch up?! I will just start with a few photos. They always say a lot. I'm excited to get going again. I just need to stick with it this time- Long term projects aren't a strength of mine. But I have the feeling this needs to be one. So... here we go again! 

The other day we had a family day at a place that means a lot to Jason and I, Dogwood Canyon. We went on our honeymoon there and our 1 year anniversary and fell in love with the place. We love it still (even though the price had gone up astronomically). 






It's this amazing area near a tiny little town near Branson (i'm talking the neighborhood is a little sketchy) with a legit treehouse and a seriously cool walking path waterfalls and caves... even a little wedding chapel. The weather was perfect (it always could be just a little cooler for my nordic self) and we took a picnic and made lots of sweet memories. It was our first time to bring Annalise there and that was pretty special. She got the sweet deal and rode in her wagon with 3 of her chosen stuffed animals of course (this girl takes her animals everywhere.. even in her school backpack). We needed a little getaway after a stressful week and it ended up being the perfect escape (we even skipped church.. shhh don't tell!) 

Time for a throwback.. our HONEYMOON at dogwood. 

 Yes, and when you are on your honeymoon you spend extra to rent bikes.. when kids come.. you walk!
 One of our favorite spots.. still is!



The traditional silly face on the wagon. 


And then there's year 4.... a little chunkier... but I still LOVE that hat. =) ❤

 Our favorite spot again.


I think this may be my favorite Dogwood Pic of all time.. It's just so us! 


I'm loving this tradition.. it may be a while before we go back, but I sure am glad we could share it as a new and improved little family. 

I"m so glad it's spring! 

Love, 
Christa

No comments: