title image

title image

Monday, January 26, 2015

be you bravely

Hello. It's been an easy Monday so I'm taking advantage of some free time (Annalise's nap time) to take some time to blog, to think, to pray. I haven't been consistent on these things and I want to do better.
I need to make sure I am taking care of myself physically, spiritually and mentally and I'm not doing a good job of it these days.

 I'm trying to set new goals and live life on purpose. I feel that some of that has slipped away from me. I feel like I've gotten a little lost in who I am and what my purpose is. Sometimes I think that I am too hard on myself. God blessed Jason and I with our beautiful daughter and I have the privilege of staying home with her so I need to give it all I've got. I don't want to mess up on this. I know that God has equipped Jason and I with the tools to raise her. I am constantly reminding myself of that.

It was so nice to get away this past weekend. We, along with other children's leaders from our district, had a time of refreshing. WE got to stay in a really nice hotel in Branson. It was wonderful. I defiantly missed Annalise but really did need a break. I don't get "me time" often. We met some really wonderful people and got some good ideas and inspiration for children's ministry. I felt so bad for Jason though. He got sick (tummy troubles) and was only able to join us here and there. I guess God needed him to really be still and for him to stay more secluded. He works so hard in ministry and has a second job on top of that. He's so dedicated to providing for us and always giving it his 110%. He inspires me. I can't say that I always do the same. He's a brave man. He keeps his head up, always looks forward and keeps moving toward his goals until they are accomplished.

There were many brave people at this past weekend's retreat.  At the end of the weekend, we shared prayer needs and lifted one another up in prayer. I was really impressed with several children's pastors who were going through huge struggles in their personal lives but were such bright spots. They were so positive and always smiling, so encouraging. They probably had no idea how brave and inspiring they are.

God is teaching me something. I am a part of a group of moms that meets twice a month. It's called MOPS (mothers of pre schoolers). I am absolutely in love with this year's theme.


It totally speaks to me and to where I am right now. I feel this is what God is calling me to in this season. I need to be myself as a mom, as a wife, as a minister, and not be afraid of that. I need to step out and be who I am in God and work towards what he wants me to accomplish without backing down. It's such a deep feeling, it's hard to put into words.



I absolutely love our family pics from this past October. I love how the photographers captured us as a family.. just being us. I don't really care for the way I look In a lot of these pics (I need to lose 20-30 lbs. and I don't like my teeth) but it's ME.

Be encouraged today friends.








Be Brave, Be You, Be Free

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! I have missed you. :) I'm glad y'all got some free time~is Jason feeling better? Tummy troubles are from the pit of hell. I am certain. I love these pictures of y'all! I think you are beautiful, my friend. I don't see the extra weight, I just see a beautiful, God-loving mom who soaks up every moment she is given. I love you!