title image

title image

Thursday, January 22, 2015

hello again

Hi! It's been a while. A long while actually. A LOT has changed since I last wrote and I regret not documenting all of it. Being a new mom is overwhelming. There is so much to learn and I want to make sure I write it all down before I turn around and my baby girl is a teenager.

I don't even know where to begin. Our baby, Annalise Grace, was born on Fathers day weekend of 2013. June 15 to be exact.  She is the light my life. Of our life. Instead of writing a novel here, how about some highlights? I will do my very best not to over share photos of our beautiful baby girl. I am constantly taking pictures of her and I just can't seem to stop. It may be an addiction. ;) Being a mom is WONDERFUL and hard and stressful... well.. it's the best thing EVER. I stay at home now. I get to raise my girl. I'm here for everything. It's the most challenging and fulfilling job I've ever had. I"m living my dream. I am a wife, a mom, and partnering with my husband in ministry. We are children's pastors and it's so much fun! We have some incredible kids. We are so very blessed to have been appointed with this responsibility, this privelidge. I also co teach a high school girls class at church. I love it. I've always loved teenagers. They are so fun and so full of life and so in need of love and encouragement. I love that. I love being a part of their lives and helping them navigate life God's way. Sigh.  GOD IS FAITHFUL.

I need to rewind to just a little before Annalise was born. It really was such a beautiful time.




Jason and I could hardly wait to meet our little girl. I had a really easy pregnancy I'm ready to do it all again. I loved the preparation for our little love and sharing it with family and friends.

Our church friends also threw us a shower. They went all out and it was a huge blessing. We have a great group of couples our age and this incredible group  of creative ladies made it so special.


Our last getaway before the baby came at the end of May. We joined Jason's family at Big Cedar Lodge near Branson. This is a family tradition the do every Summer. The moved it up a little for me. =)





It was the perfect getaway before the baby came. We had no idea her arrival would be sooner than later.

My blood pressure had been up for several check ups and on that last checkup, June 14, 2013, my Dr. asked us if we were ready to have a baby that day and I was like.. what?! It's time already?! My due date isn't for another couple of weeks. Well.. I was full term and bordering on pre eclampsia. My dr. didn't want to take any risks. Both the baby and I were healthy and in good shape and he wanted to keep it that way and induce that evening. I had heard scary stories about being induced so I was hesitant,  but agreed. I'm not the type to buck or argue what the expert is suggesting that I do. If you know what you are talking about and you tell me to do it, I say Ok, lets do it!

It actually worked out pretty perfectly. Jason and I were able to go home, no rush, finish up packing, and call our parents. There were no contractions, no panic. It game my parents enough of a heads up to make their 5 hour trip from Memphis and my brother an 8 hour trip from Nashville. Jason's parents were so excited that they arrived at the hospital the same time we did. It was cute.

Now that I've teased you with the story of Annalise's birth, i'm going to save it for another time. I've got some packing and cleaning to do. Jason and I are leaving for Branson in a few hours for a childrens' ministers retreat. Annalise is in Memphis with mom and dad. This is the first time she's stayed away from home and it's kinda crazy not having her talkative happy little self around here. I am missing her already and it's only been 1 day. I will enjoy this break though. It's already been a relaxing and productive day- I love those!

I can't leave without sharing at least one pic of our beautiful daughter. I have so many pictures..so much life to share... and so little time. One day at a time. =)



Love,

Christa

No comments: