title image

title image

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

pep talking myself

I've gotta be honest.. sometimes it's tough being my age and not having kids. I know that you moms that read this probably are thinking, "just wait" and "ha! if she only knew!" but seriously.. It's engrained in all women.. I remember pretty clearly when I hit 27 It was like a button was pushed and I was noticing babies left and right. At the time, I coulden't do anything about it so it made it a little easier.

Jason and I have been praying that God would bring that little someone into our lives at the perfect time. HIS time. I have my moments of impatience. I get on Facebook and like every other post from friends are of their adorable kids/babies, their prego pics, announcements and sonograms.. YOu know, it's just a part of this age. We're all having babies and there is nothing I can do to filter those images out. Yesterday we hung out with some friends. All had kids and two have babies. Jason was simply adorable with the kids of all ages and I totally swooned especially when he was holding a baby. I can't help myself. It's engrained. It's a desire that God has given me. I know that he wants to fulfill this desire. Until then, I WILL BE CONTENT and I will trust in the Lord with all of my heart. I will put him first and enjoy this time that I have have with just me and my hubby and I will continue to swoon over pictures like this...

2 comments:

Jessica Schlak said...

Everyday, when you get to take a shower at a normal time and without someone beating on the door, be thankful. : )

Love them babies and get yourself ready to be the best Momma you can be. And enjoy going to the bathroom alone, another thing that will cease to exist when your children arrive!

Christa said...

Thanks for the reality Jessica. =) I definately need to be reminded! And it's SO TRUE that getting ready spiritually and emotionally is the most imporatnant. After I wrote this post, I got an inspirational e-mail that was a God-timing that reminded me of God's preciseness when creating something. Perfect timing!