title image

title image

Friday, August 17, 2012

my goal

"You have to set yourself apart from the "average joe" taking pictures."

 

I have no problem with inspiration today.. thanks to my wonderful friend Nicole. I emailed her asking some advice on pricing and she e-mailed me with a wealth of info. The above quote is from her. It's so simple and obvious but it really woke me up and got me thinkin'.

I've GOT to step up my game in photography. Yes, I can take a nice picture and I have  blast doing it, but I am not, by any means, set apart. I follow several photographer blogs and sites that truely inspire me, but what am I doint to get to that point? Nothing really. Yes, I feel that I have improved naturally just by practice and being blessed with several photo shoots, but I really haven't learned the technicalities of photography. I am signed up for a class in October, but in the meantime.. i'm gonna practice practice practice!! Nicole's advice was to alway practice on manual. That's how you learn.. don't let the camera do the work.. do it all yourself. I like it.

So..what did I do last night?

I did some laundry


My goal is clarity-(learning to properly use the FStop and ISO with the right amount of lighting) It's tricky!


I also did some crafting for pop's 80th birthday party on Saturday

I was a little tired at this point, but I am proud of how the craft turned out.


my farmer husband made some yummy salsa  from the fresh ingredients in our garden....he's amazing!


We're quite the productive couple these days huh? I had fun with the salsa jars.


a little blurry.. but I like the angle and concept.


the fridge is inspirational

I loved my photo shooting so much that I snapped a few shots this morning before I walked out the door for work. This isn't the greatest in clarity, but don't you just love that little clock?! We got it from grandpa's house.

I know these pictures aren't set apart.. but that's my goal. I'm excited for more practice.. the next time you see me.. I just may have my camera in hand. I 'm going to keep it on me as often as possible. I love this hobby. I hope it's more than a hobby someday.. I could definately do this as a career. It would be perfect and flexible for having kiddos. God willing... It's my goal.

 

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Lookin' good, my friend! I want some of that salsa...you know that is my most favorite!!! I lurve you!

Christa said...

Luuuurve you too!! =) we'll have to bring you some salsa when we come into town. ;)