title image

title image

Monday, August 27, 2012

celebrating pops + some honesty

I'm in a slump. I have been taking pictures in manual mode and it's TOUGH! And it's a lot of work! The past two events that i've take photos at.. not happy with. You know what though, (as Dorie would say) Just keep swimming!! I'm learning something new and trying to step up to the next level.. of course it's going to be hard. I just have to keep on keeping on and not give up. I'm starting to think that maybe I need to do more auto modes for events.. or maybe even more of a mix between the two while i'm still learning. Events move fast and It's extremely difficult to catch it all and do it well when you are unsure of your settings. God, help me not to give up. I have the horrible tendency that when I'm overwhelmed, I want to give up.. throw in the towel and move on. I HAVE TO perfect this. I HAVE TO learn this. I love it too much to quit. I"m looking forward to having direction from a pro. I will be starting a photography class at OTC in October. I am very much looking forward to it. I know that I can do this. I am thankful for people like my friend Lindsey who give me opportunity to learn and to work with her. I am thankful for my husband who believes in me and is always encouraging me and building me up. Thank you Lord for these people.

Here are a few recent pictures from Pops' 80th birthday. I do wish I had more and I had done more with semi-auto in this case. I WILL imrpove. Pops' birthday was fun. He's a lover of all things western so we decided to go all out western style. I had the privelage of helping out with decoration along with Jason's mom. It was a lot of fun. Cowboy makes a pretty cute party! =)







a group of us got togeter and sang a cheesy medly of old cowboy songs.. all we were missing was the coyotes howling in the distance and a cracklin' fire
Pops got teary eyed~ it was prescious

"home on the range" "streets of lorado" back in the saddle again" ... the list goes on...





 

the traditional swapping of cigars and man stories~ it's quite the sight.

the men marvel at an antique tool that pops was gifted~ you can hear the grunting if you listen closely enough




A sweet night of family, friends, and old cowboy classics. Happy 80th birthday pops!

No comments: