title image

title image

Monday, July 9, 2012

beautiful weekend


Oh how I love the weekend and oh how quickly it passes by. Way too quickly! We didn’t have a ton going on this past weekend like other weekends, but just enough to keep us busy and movin’ Saturday morning I did a photo shoot with some cuties. I don’t have the photos with me or I would show you. It was my first photo shoot with kids and I am pleased with how the pics turned out. The only downer for the morning was the fact that is was steaming hot by 11am. We met at 9:30 to make sure to beat the heat, but with the weather we’ve had recently, it wasn’t early enough. I love photo shoots with cute kids. They always make me look better.

After I got home Jason and I decided to enjoy the afternoon. We got a few things done.. watched about a half a movie and we both fell asleep. We finally got some rain- a nice thunderstorm- and it was just perfect for a nap. After napping and movie watching, we headed out for a wedding of some fellow worship team members.

What a cool wedding!
The ceremony took place at the mouth of a cave. As you can see.. the opening is underneath them. It was the perfect stage. It was truely one of the most unique weddings i've ever been to. Jason made a good point.. Missouri is known for its caves.. why not get married at a cave in Missouri. Cool! I loved the reception too. It was in a covered pavilion and she had it decorated just perfectly. I wish I had a better camera to do it justice.

This is my friend Cara. She is our music pastor's daughter and Evangel student. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was her age. I love this girl. So pretty!

There were so many cute and cool features of this little hidden gem of a wedding location. As always.. I was picking it apart with ways they could totally improve it and get more business. Have I ever mentioned how I love weddings?! And a wedding in the middle of nature.. Even better!

Sunday was a pretty normal day. We had a great day of not much to do at all. For the kids service that night we had a lesson on this movie:

Have you seen it? If you haven't, you should. It's a true story about a christian girl who's dream was to become a pro surfer. She was on her way until her dreams were shattered when a shark bit off her left arm. The story is truely inspirational It shows how her determination and her faith in God helped her rise above the challenge of surfing with one arm and seeing her dream come to fruition. When I see movies like this, it helps me to realize what little faith I have sometimes. I get impatient or frustrated over such little things. Things that seem so petty and selfish compared to what others, like Bethany, have gone through. I pray that I would take the lessons of faith that I got from this movie and apply them to my own life. I was tearing up the whole last half of the movie. Good stuff.

Praise God for inspiration to keep us going and reminded of how we should live.

No comments: