title image

title image

Thursday, July 5, 2012

THE 4TH 2012~ grilling out and theme parks

Yesterday was the perfect day. A mix of a little veggin' a little housework a LOT of fun and a LOT of eating!


We spent the first half of our day at home. I did some laundry and Jason worked in the garden. I put some things away.. watched a little TV. Good times. Jason used his smoker and grilled some tatsty veggies straight from our garden along with some ginormous burgers. Everything that my husband does is ginormous by the way. He's a big guy.. he doesn't do small. (as pictured above).

Anyway.. after hangin at the house for a while we headed to Silver Dollar City. It was the perfect time to go to get out the heat. When we first got there.. we headed straight to a water ride. It was a long line- understandibly so. The temp was near 100 after all.

Jason and I are like big kids, we love us some rides. We just hopped around from ride to ride.. having a grand ol' time. We love the ride the coasters, my favorite being the powder keg. I wish I would have gotten more pics.  I always love the swings.. The look of them, that is.


Aren't they lovely? We didn't ride them unfortunately. When we came upon them, we agreed it was prime time for motion sickness after eating our dinner and being a little on the warm side. They were our scenery while we waited for the fireworks to start.

I didn't get any pics of the fireworks. I never fully get why people get pictures of fireworks.. I don't think just any ordinary camera can capture their magic and beauty. I prefer pictures of people.


I wasn't with him, but this is what my dad did on the 4th. He got to ride in a genuine WWII jeep with his friend Don and some lovely ladies for a parade near their home. I love his giddiness.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! 

No comments: