title image

title image

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

um- WOW

I saw this link on facebook today and my curiosity got the better of me. I read it (you should too) and all I could say was WOW.

The article is called "How to miss a Childhood" and it's all about our mobile devices and how distracting they can be and how that effects our relationships with our kids. No, I don't have a child of my own, but I definately want one someday and I want to remember this article and take it to heart.

It's all about investing time and effort and energy into your children, not giving them the message that whoever or whatever app or game is on that mobile devise is more important. There are so many distractions these days and it would be so easy to neglect those prescious moments with our kids for these multiple distractions. Children are a gift from God and we should treat them that way. A blessing. I will defiantely be sharing this article with my husband tonight.

Thank you Lord for giving me this insight before I even have kids and have the chance to neglect them because of my mobile devices. I pray that I never fall into this trap and that my someday children feel loved, honored, and cherished by Jason and I. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments: