title image

title image

Monday, May 14, 2012

mothers day weekend

 We had a lovely mother's day. Jason and I headed up the mother's day special at church. The kids sang a special song for all the mommas and then read a poem and then handed out roses. I was prescious! We had a blast blessing the moms with those cuties. We were so proud of our kids. We rewarded them big time that night during class with cookies, outside time with new toys and a fun craft time. It was a great night.

We took my mother in law, Sheila, out to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. It was fun to bless her and  nice lunch with the family. =) I talked to mom on the phone for a little bit. She sent me a pic that morning of her mothers day treats that I had given her last weekend when she was in Springfield. =) Very sweet. I even got a couple of "you may be a mother this time next year." I didn't mind that. =)

Jason's party went GREAT! Pictures soon.

in closing... I saw this and HAD to post it to my own blog. It's copied from Courtney at http://womenlivingwell.org/ I pray this for my own momma and for all the mommas I know and for me when I"m a momma.

Oh that God would give
every mother a vision
of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained!
Could she have but one glimpse
in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity;
could she look into it’s soul to see its possibilities;
could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child,
for the development of its life, and for its destiny,
–she would see that in all God’s world there is no other work so noble
and so worthy of her best powers,
and she would commit to no others hands
the sacred and holy trust given to her.”
-JR Miller

No comments: