title image

title image

Monday, December 5, 2011

a glimpse..



Over the weekend, Jason and I were in the Children's Christmas Musical at church. I played the part of Grandma Betty and Jason was Henry Olson- the church janitor/pastor. It was super fun to dress up in our cheesy outfits and spray our hair gray. Jason, as usual, hammed it up and talked the talk and walked the walk all weekend. The musical was about some kids that go back in time and visit different decades for their Church's annual Christmas Caroling outreach. Of course there were different songs for each decade all with the Christmas message in them. We had a blast! We definately got somewhat of a glimpse of what we could look like as oldies. Mom and dad came from Memphis to see us along with Jason's parents and grandparents.

This is me and Grace- she played a younger version Grandma Betty. I called her "mini-me" and she called me "giant- me"it was fun!



We also were offered an exciting opportunity: Starting after the first of January, we will be leading the kids services on Sunday nights. Our current kids pastors have stepped down and Jason and I will share their responsibilities with another couple. Jason and I are solely responsible for the PM services. It's an exciting opportunity to serve and minister to these kids that we've really grown to love after working with them on the musical. We are excited to see what other doors God will open..

Oh! did I mention we stayed in full costume for our lunch with the family at Houlihan's afterward?- Fun times!

No comments: