title image

title image

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

a sentimental moment

I had a fun experience last night. Jason was at a meeting and I was pretty exausted after working Discipleship walk- which was wonderful. I unpacked and organized a few things and then settled on the couch with a book mom brought on her last visit to Springfield. This book was her journal from the time she found out she was pregnant with me until my birth and the weeks after. Each day was a summary of her physical pains, emotional pains, and feelings in general. She was right around my age when she had me. It was so interesting to read about her experience as a late twenty year old and her first pregnancy. She didn't know that she was having a girl. A lot of her thoughts I could relate with and I know that I appreciated it even more being about the same age, married and about to embark on the child-bearing years. Perfict timing. I sent her an e-mail and thanked her for sharing. She wants to read it again soon. I am definately inspired to do the same so maybe one day my daughter, son or even grandkids can read my experience. Definately a meaningful and sentimental experience for this sap. =) Thanks mom!

No comments: