title image

title image

Friday, May 6, 2011

not to sound selfish...

I had a lovely evening with an old friend from college last night- an old friend from college- that phrase definately makes me feel old!! Haha!! Anyway.. the owner of the company I work for sponsored a play at The Springfield Little Theater, The Foreigner, and we got free tickets to their opening night. =) Amy and I tried out a delightfuly little restaurant (I keep forgetting the name.. hold on... let me look- got it!) The Aviery. It's a prescious little french inspired creperie in downdown springfield. IT was just about a block down from the theater, so we just walked over after a deliscious time of yummy crepes (savory and dessert) and catching up. Amy is moving to Shanghai in July for two years. She is such a fun girl, she lives life to the fullest and although she is single, desiring marriage, she makes the best of it and I admire her for it. She's figured out some ways to not allow herself to get trapped in that mental torture that single girls can get caught up in.. anyway...

Last night just goes to show that not matter how little you see someone, you can alway pick right back up where you left off if they are a true friend, a true connection. Love it! I enjoyed my girl time, but missed my hubby. He is away on a job and I always feel like a part of me is missing when he is gone. The nice thing is, I will be busy getting ready for discipleship walk next weekend. That will help! I plan on having a ALL OUT ME night tonight and do some of my favorite things. I seriously need to make a list. Alone time can be theraputic. (not that i'm going thought a hard time) but it's a time just to be ME. And be reminded of who I am and what I love outside of the husband and home. (both of which I love dearly!!) So here's to a night of ME!

No comments: