title image

title image

Monday, April 18, 2011

Ready.. set... aaaand... GO!! It's gonna be one of those weeks.. a busy/wonderful week. Jason and I are both in the Easter musical at church and we have practice just about every night this week. Yaaay!! I love this kind of stuff! =) It's busy and yes, tiring, but it's all for God's glory and it's a rare opportunity.. something not so everyday and something bigger to be a part of. Jason and I practically spent the whole weekend helping the music pastor and his family paint and build sets. It felt so good to help them out. They are newer to the church and are still building their base of volunteers they can count on. We enjoyed getting to know them better, helping ease their stressed minds, and even going out for dinner with them afterwards. They have sweet kids too.. kids that we would love to speak into. That was basically our Saturday.. practicing and helping for the Easter muscial. REWARDING if you ask me. =) I also was thrilled to have lunch with an old friend, Jessica, from Evangel. She brought her adorable (and very well-behaved) 1yr old boy Gabe. We just picked up right where we left off. It was so great to have a friend to connect with on all levels.. i'm very much still looking for that here. It will take time. I know this. I'm very content in this season of new.. a new husband (in whom i devote most of my time and energy) a new church, new friends, a new house to keep up with.. a new way of life. It's been wonderful. I also want to take a moment to praise the Lord for turning a stressful discussion between Jason and I into something positive and what grew us. There are definately a lot of learning/growing situations in a new marriage and it's exciting (and stressful at times) but it's all a part of life. It's what God knew would happen. Jason and I took a step back and gave thanks to God for walking us through that stressful convo. and turning something that Satan wanted to trip us up with, into good. GOD IS SO FAITHFUL. It's all about keeping God at the center. I know without a doubt that our stresses (every single one of them) are diffused and resolved with peace because we put our trust in God first. He is the bedrock of our marraige and for that I am so thankful. Thank you Lord!!

No comments: