title image

title image

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend Shinanigans- 2011

What a weekend!! Jason and I were involved in our church's Easter prodoction which took place both Saturday night and Sunday morning. We had a practice on Friday night in the midst of a ginormous hail storm/downpour (which didn't bother me much) Severe storms don't freak me out unless I am somewhere in which I feel I am not fully secure or there aren't many people around. Being at a church never freaks me out considering the fact that it's such a large building and that there are plenty of distractions. =) Anyway... we had a big ol' potluck with lots of yummy food and then went in the Sanctuary for a time of prayer. It was so special, being good Friday and all. (not that it woulden't be special any other day, but just the significance of it). After filling our bellies to overflowing and having a wonderful time in prayer, we had a couple of run-throughs. Both went quite well considering the late date we started.

Saturday morning I got up bright and early to more rain and gloom. (the rain hasn't stopped yet from Friday) and headed to get my hair cut and colored. It was a much needed trip! The hair salon is a great way to start a busy Saturday! Around noon Jason and I headed to meet mom and dad at a local restaurant. They had come in town to see the play as well as go for dad's birthday gift- to see "Noah" at The Sight and Sound Theater in Branson. It's a live show that has live animals and panoramic views. Its' unlike any other christian production I've ever seen. (Jason and I saw a show done in the same style there at Christmas). Mom and dad went with Jason's parents. We were thrilled to have them hang out and get to know one another better. They all really seemed to enjoy the weekend. So.. we had our huge buffet of do it yourself asian food and sent them over the Jason's parents' to settle in. Jason and I had to be at church by 2:00.

The play that night went off quite well. God really anointed it and we heard several reports of how moving it was. I also really enjoyed getting to know different people involved in the cast-adults and kids alike. I made new friends of all ages! I plan on loading my pics. tonight, so they will be posted here tomorrow. =) Jason and I crashed early that night watching Finding Nemo of all things. =)

Sunday went just as well. After the play we mingled then headed home to wash off the makeup that dirtied my feet and made Jason a full beard. He had grown a goatee for the play and had some other patches of hair here and there on his face. The poor boy has too much indian blood in him and can't grow a beard to save his life. I love it! I will take a clean-shaven man any day!! Anyway.. that was the first thing he did.. shave his beard!! He and I came up with his nickname this morning: "Captain Slick-Jaw" ( At least we got a good laugh out of it! ) It's just one more reason we are perfect for one another. =)

Easter lunch at the Walns went well. This was the first time mom and dad celebrated a holiday with my new family. It made me happy to see them all mingling so well. We had an indoor Easter egg hunt (yep, day #3 of solid rain and thunderstorms). Some of the eggs even had silly things for everyone to do.. whether it be singing a silly song, doing a handstand, or breaking out the hula hoop.. it was silly, but fun and got us all laughing. =) I've got plenty of pics. of that too!!

That night, after mom and dad came over to our house with easter flowers and pictures from the show, we settled in to watch the rest of Nemo (that we totally fell asleep during) and to PIG OUT! Jason has decided to totally splurge this week after being super careful for his role as Jesus and being hung on a cross in a man-diaper. He totally deserves it!! We even did a rain-soaked run to the closest gas station for chips and coke! It was defiantely GREAT night. Hunkered down at home in our pjs, resting after a crazy weekend and pigging out.. ahhh... I can't complain. I have a pretty sweet life... =)

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Yay! Your weekend, especially Sunday night, sounds perfect! Love you, sweet girl...we had our last day at Memphis F/A yesterday. God has done so many little confirmations that we are taking the right steps...I've even already been snagged to teach missions for the 5th graders at VBS! :) My heart is happy. God is so good, and He knows ALL that we need.