title image

title image

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Two very different celebrations













Yes, I am like the rest of the world, I celebrated the royal wedding in grand fashion: I had a tea party! It was dripping girly girl, complete with a silver tea set (thanks to my mother in law), hats and cucumber sandwhiches and scones. It was a lovely time. I had a few girls from church over on Friday night. We chose not to get up at 4:30 am to watch it live, no our cup of tea! ha!! Anyway... I tried to convince Jason that he should stay and dress up as our butler, but he opted out. I think it was too much girlyness for him! ha! He was really cute and supportive and happy for me to be entertaining. I love blessing others in my home. It really filled my heart with joy to have them over and be girly girls together. The wedding was a fairy tale. I loved Kate's dress and thougt she was absolutely stunning! I loved how William looked like a prince straight out of a disney movie in his military reds. Ahhhh!! I loved the historical significance of it and how it brought millions of people to celebrate what seems to be a wonderful couple and their genuine love for one another. It was a happy day to forget about the tornadoes that devestated Alabama , the floods in Memphis, or the fact that they don't think that President Obama was born in the US. Ahhh.. a sigh of relief to celebrate the positive!


The Monday after, they found and killed Osama Bin Laden and the wedding coverage took a backseat, but it sure was nice while it lasted. I've never seen so many people be so happy over the death of one man. While I understand that's a very significant victory for the US and this man is against God, There is something that just doesn't jive with me in celebrating someone's death so outwardly and joyfully. I'm just sayin... These are very interesting times we are living in... God is in control and that's where we put our hope and defiantely a cause to celebrate!

No comments: