title image

title image

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Building

Hello. I am so glad to be blogging again.. while some days I am feeling too lazy to write creatively, I know it's good for me. I am noticing that my my is more oiled.. i'm thinking more quickly and I am coming up with funnier things. I also attribute that to my husband.. my confidence it definately on top due to his sweet affirmations and treating me like a queen. Anyway.. I know that someday I will look back on these thoughts, some insightful, some random and smile.. "I remember that" or "Wow! how narrow-minded was I?!" Or "Thank you Lord for answering that prayer!" No matter what.. i will be in a different season and will enjoy looking back and remembering my life when I was a 29 year old newleywed with no kids. Just this morning, as I was doing my daily calculating of time cards here at Springfield Striping and Sealing. I noticed that many of the crew members (who are called in to work based on the weather) had like no hours last week (it was cold and rainy) and have random hours this week. Some of them didn't even get paid last week. What about their families? I am so very thanful to have grown up in a home where my parents expected me to go to college and make somethig of myself. I am thankful for a steady job that pays the bills and allows me freedom to have weekends off and go on the occasional trip. Praise God for providing Jason multiple jobs with his woodworking. We are in a building time.. we are focusing on saving, not spending.. and on paying off debts. We want to be stable, both in our finances and in our marital relationship.. established.. We want to build a firm foundation for our kids. I just praise the Lord for his provision and his faithfulness. He is so good!! It's so refreshing to be doing what we know the Lord has called us to do and having success and fulfillment. What a privelage to be a child of God!

No comments: