title image

title image

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Puppy Size" - It's real!


I have gotten this same adorable e-mail several times about a little girl who visits an animal shelter time and time again to find just the right puppy. Over and over she visits, but has no luck in choosing the one for her. She makes the comment several times that she is looking for the "puppy size" Her mother and the shelter workers believe that she is taking about the actual size of the puppy. One day she finally picks up her last puppy and says:

"'Mom, that's it! I found the right puppy! He's the one!
I know it!' She screamed with joy. 'It's the puppy size!' 'But it's the same size as all the other puppies you
held over the last few weeks,' Mom said. 'No not size. The sighs. When I held him in my arms,
he sighed,' she said. 'Don't you remember? When I
asked you one day what love is, you told me love
depends on the sighs of your heart. The more you
love, the bigger the sigh!'"

I am a huge sap and this story always touches my heart. I decided that I would check out this "puppy size" theory on my own precious
dog Asher. I went home at lunch and was sitting on the chair doing my Esther bible study. Asher jumped right up and found the crook in my legs to snuggle. That prescious dog sighed like 5 or six times.. he loves so much! I knew it when I picked him.. when I went to get him I had the choice between him and his brother. Asher (then Fanta) was the first one I picked up. We immediately bonded. When I set him back in the pen to hold the other dog (who was sniffing something in the corner) prescious little Asher put his front paws up on the side of the pen and looked up at me. It was like he was saying "pick me! – I love you the most already" And I did. He picked me too! So now that I have maxed out my sap for the day.. I will go on to think of snuggling and hugs and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Asher Basher!!! I love him too. So do the boys!