title image

title image

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The old is gone...

A wonderful friend of mine sent this devo to me and this pretty much sums up the prayer of my heart these days. I want exactly this. It's not about God's blessings.. just him. Putting aside our fleshly desires and allowing him to do a new thing in us. I keep hearing him whisper that to me.. "behold, I do a new thing…" Wow! If only I could get to this point! Be challenged today friends.

When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begins to work His new creation in us, and there will come a time when there is not a bit of the old order left, the old solemnity goes, the old attitude to things goes, and "all things are of God." How are we going to get the life that has no lust, no self-interest, no sensitiveness to pokes, the love that is not provoked, that thinketh no evil, that is always kind? The only way is by allowing not a bit of the old life to be left; but only simple perfect trust in God, such trust that we no longer want God's blessings, but only want Himself. Have we come to the place where God can withdraw His blessings and it does not affect our trust in Him? When once we see God at work, we will never bother our heads about things that happen, because we are actually trusting in our Father in Heaven Whom the world cannot see.

No comments: