title image

title image

Monday, August 3, 2009

lazy weekend


I spent a lot of time with friends over the weekend. Friday night was a lovely evening of catching up with Wendy and Parul over fresh authentic Mexican food at Las Tortugas. umm umm!! Wendy enlightened us with an exciting story of being set up with what sounds like Mr. Perfect.. 26, law student with a job waiting in Nashville.. seems to love the Lord.. shoot. Great last name.. Ha! Yeah, that's a picky one. Anyway.. we ate and then conspired over walking at saddle creek over how Wendy will look and get to know Nashville a little better. This guy has given her the promise of taking her out in October. She hasn't actually talked to him, but she's got a promise. So how heavily does she actually weigh that? Humm.. It's hard to know. In my experience, most guys don't keep the promise and follow through. But there are some real men out there . I have met these rarities and they sure are hard to get over! Anyway... after we parted ways with Parul, Wendy and I went to my house and watched "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie. Great movie! It's a true story about a mother living in LA in the 20's who has her only son and only family member abducted. The cops return a boy to her several months later only to the mothers' detriment, it's not really her son. She ends up being manipulated by the cops to take the boy home and by the end is wrongfully commited to a mental institution. After she is released, another child confesses that he is helping his uncle abduct and kill young boys on a nearby farm. The whole scenario exposes the corruption of the LAPD. The lady never found her son. It's a very sad/intriguing story.

Saturday I worked at Chessie's with a temporary fill-in named Tammy. Tammy was a really neat lady. She is a Mary Kay director who is doing very well and has earned 6 cars! 6! My friend Candice had already planted the seed, and I decided selling Mary Kay would be a great way to pay off my debt more quickly and then possibly use it as my income in school. So... we'll see..

When I got home from Chessie's I decided to fix myself a pot of spaghetti and enjoy some more friends. I had recently bought season 7 of "Friends" and enjoyed quality time with them for the rest of the night. So entertaining! =)

No comments: