title image

title image

Friday, July 31, 2009

Spared

It's a twister!! This is the one that touched down and damaged a store that i frequent... only 7 or so miles away!!


Praise God! I survived another round of crazy tornado weather here in Memphis!! They always hit right when i'm about to leave work too. But honestly, I'd rather be here at work in this giant building than in my small house or in my car!! Basically the tornadoes surrounded my neck of the woods, but didn't go straight through. There was one that did some major damage to a Khol's and several surrounding businesses about 7 mi. away from here and then there were some that hit another 10 mi. on the other side. Praise God! There was very little damage to this area.. if any. I barely saw any tree limbs down. It looked like a new river had decided to form in my front yard, but besides that, all is well. =) I enjoyed the stormy weather actually.. which is a huge improvement from what it used to be for me. I was DEATHLY AFRAID OF EVERYTHING!! Including Cats!!! ha!! Anyway...

I spent the evening in my parentless house with my sweet dog asher and a medical terminology book and later season 7 of "Friends" It's so cozy in my upstairs nook. I love it. When the weather cleared, I ventured out to the local Super Target in search of pretty things to spiff up my den. I got a beautiful runner a pillow and a new fake flower. =) I must say it's really shaping up in there. I just loooove making things pretty. I can't wait to have a whole house to have free rein. I hope my future hubby doesn't have much of an opinion in that area.. if he does.. hopefully we'll be able to make peaceful agreements. I'm planning a fun night with two of my favorite friends tonight. I'm not sure what yet, but whatever it is needs to be cheap.. I had the privelage of being the victim of a hit and run in the target parking lot a few weeks ago! I was running an errand for the shower that I was throwing for friend Kerri. I was in the store for like 7min. tops and someone decided to be an idiot and run into my parked car.. the paint marks left were red.. maybe some shopping carts rebelled against mankind.. who knows.. all I know is that I have to pay $200 that I was saving for other important things. Bummer!!! Where is the blessing in this? Right now the blessing i'm seeing is definately the fact that instead of paying a $1000 deductible, i'm paying $200 since it was a hit and run. I'll take it. In all things, it's important to see that blessing. If not, we would be pretty miserable people. Take care friends and have a fab weekend!!

No comments: