title image

title image

Friday, August 7, 2009

Discipline

I have been spending some time in some very special services over the past two days and have been challenged to dial up the notch in living for God. It started several weeks ago when I attended a service at Raleigh Assembly and the pastor talked about being a gatekeeper and watching how much you let in that is negative or not of God. He said the more you let in, the more it dims your light and gets in the way of hearing from and experiencing God in a fuller way. I was totally conviceted of the movies that I watch and even some of the shows and some music I listen to. I also want to watch more what I say and what I stick around when other people are talking about others. I can be quite guilty of negatie talk myself!

All of this has solidified more and more in these couple of services. I must discipline myself to spend a specific amount of time each day with the Lord.. just me and him. I need to change the way I spend time with him and the way I do things. I want to live a life poured out and only for God. I definately struggle with discipline. God help me to change these ways about me. Give me a vision and a plan as to how to carry this out. I love you. I know you have something special for me and the future is bright. I put myself in your hands.

No comments: