title image

title image

Monday, August 10, 2009

David's Story

I had such a refreshing weekend... (as my spirit and soul say ahhhhhh!!!!) Thurs. Friday and Saturday were a time of worship and word with Jackie Ashpole and her wonderful ministry team. I can't tell you how much these few short days changed my life and my outlook. Thursday night I had the privelage of a wonderful prayer warrior pray with me. She said that God wanted to grant all the desires of my heart and there will come a time when they all come together at once. Well praise God!! She also told me that God has something special for me. Then the next morning I enjoyed a powerful sermon about David. Jackie talked of how David was in God's will and under his favor when he defeated Goliath, but then he ended up right back where he started , at the gates of Goliath's hometown. He ended up there because of fear. He was running from Saul. Then the ugly beast called fear chased him further into a cave where he hid out from his enemies. David eventually came out of the cave to live in a land of peace alongside his family. This is where he was comfortable, it was the norm. He stayed there and was established there for many years. Eventually it was time for David to leave that comfort zone for Judah, the land of Praise. In Judah, David was again in God's will. He was a great ruler who honored God and is remembered by all to this day. David's story is so true of so many people even today. We are walking along.. happy in God's will having defeated that sin, or that fear. Then something happens where we voluntarily pick that fear back up and run straight back to that something that we had already defeated. We hide away in our cave of fear and allow it to keep us from God's will. Eventually we get the nerve to get out of that cave, but ease the transition by going into a land that is comfortable and familiar. This is where we are built back up and refreshed to do what God has called us to do. Eventually we must leave what is comfortable and take a step of faith, knowing that God's will must be carried out and know that he has been with us every step of the way. What is it that holds you back? I know I am very guilty of this myself. I'm ready for that step of faith into the land of praise. I feel it's right around the corner.

No comments: