title image

title image

Friday, July 17, 2009

All things for the Good.

I am so blessed to have some amazing women in my life!! I planned a b-day celebration at a swanky little restaurant last night and decided to invite the ladies that are most important to me. There ended up being 6 of us. We sat and laughed and shared and enjoyed a meal together. Such a simple thing was just so much fun. ... so refreshing. I finally feel that I have a solid group of friends around me again here in Memphis. When I cam home after graduating from college then living away for two years.. I had a tough time finding my place. Now that I have been here for about 4 years, I finally am feeling I have a spot. Granted, not everyone is in the same place, but that's what being an adult is all about. I appreciate the fact that i have friends in all different walks of life.. different phases and different circumstances. We learn from each other. I like the variety. Being a part of a click isn't so satisfying.. you don't get the round of people that you should have. God knows what's importatnt to me. I'm a people person and having those close relationships is a big deal to me. It always has been. The importatnt thing is, that I don't let that get in the way of putting God #1.

I want to be able to rely on God alone for my joy, for my peace. I should never have to only rely on others. People will let you down. The past couple of years, God took me to a place where others weren't there so much and it was just me and him. I am SO THANKFUL for that time!! It was tough, but God was conditioning me to rely solely on him.. and wow.. what an experience it's been! God knows exactly what he's doing. He works all things out for the good of those who love him. Even when the pain is unbearable.. it's for the good!! Stick with it, continue to minister and serve, and God will bless you for it!!

No comments: