title image

title image

Thursday, July 16, 2009

What Kept Me Awake!!!

( This must be what was outside my window)

I just got done reading a friend's blog about thunderstorms which made me very thankful to be single and to have no kids at the moment. My story from that stormy night is much different. I usually sleep right through those suckers.. however.. this has not always been the case.. I used to be PETRIFIED of stroms.. there was a threat of a storm and I was practically jumping in my parents' bed already. I made this my habit until I was in college.. I don't know what I did living in the dorms.. talk about creeping out some dormmates.. acutally most of them woulden't have minded the cuddle time.. anyway... I was always that child creeping my parents out in the middle of the night staring at them or shaking them senseless until they woke up. Now is a different story..

I have no idea what time it was that I awoke from my very peaceful sleep, but all I know is that I was hot, my dog was laying quite peacefully at my feet (thank Jesus) and the thunder seemed to go on for hours!! I need my sleep here people!! Once the first loud and annoying storm was over and it seemed to be just rain.. I settled back in to a restless sleep until morning. I hope tonight is clear and cool and perfect!

I'm going to eat with a group of my friends at a swanky restaurant in Collierville for my birthday tonight. ahh.. eating out.. dressing up.. and close girl friends.. what a great evening it will be!!

No comments: