title image

title image

Monday, September 1, 2008

Strength for the Weary

I woke up this morning with a feeling of desperation.. an empty feeling.. i was like.. "Ahhh i'm single and feeling it!!" ha! What a horrible way to start the day .. huh? I don't even know how and why it hit me, but it hit me with a vengeance. I guess it's just one of those things (and this is a good thing) where I just plain don't know what else to do. I don't know how to make it happen for myself so I have to rely on God fully to drop that man into my life at the right time. I get so so weary in waiting.. espically when there seems to be no hopefuls floating around. When my faith starts to fade, I am reminded on the verse: Fix your eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. Praise God for that! I don't even want to pray for what I desire, but for what God desires for me. God has assured me over and over again that he has that perfect guy for me, but there is still work to be done, both in him and in me. God even gave me a verse the other night about this man. God revealed to me, through that verse, what this man is dealing with and how God is working in his life and how I must pray for him, even though I don't even know him. I write him letters in a journal, which I will present to him on our wedding night. I can't wait!!

AS I was praying for my anxiety about being single God led me to Hebrews 12. I will write some of it, but I encourage you to go and to read the whole passage. "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, espically the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance, the race that God has set before us. WE do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." My faith does get weak, but God just encouraged me through this passage that he is there and I just have to keep my eyes on him. I am weary at times, but through God's strength, I am made strong.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Christa, I admire your strength. I won't sugarcoat it...only you know what you go through, but I admire that you still keep your eyes focused on God. You are exactly where He wants you for now, and who knows what all He has planned for you. I love you, dear friend.