title image

title image

Friday, August 29, 2008

Sacrifice

God has been bringing Abraham to my mind so much lately as I grow in my faith. Hebrews 11:17-19 says "It was by faith that Abraham offered his son Issac as a sacrifice when God was testing him. Abraham, who had received God's promises, was ready to sacrifice his only son, Issac, even though God had told him Issac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted. Abraham reasoned that if Issac died, God was able to bring him back to life again. And in a sense, Abraham did receive his son back from the dead."

Abraham's faith is an example to us all. He was willing to sacrifice his own son to obey God. He was willing to give it all up. God wanted to test Abraham to see if he would obey and do such a difficult thing, kill his own son. Abraham had waited so long for this son and finally he was here.. only to be sacrificed?! After God saw Abraham's willingness, he blessed Abraham and made him the father of many generations to come. Abraham's line experienced their share of difficulty, but God always came back to bless them. With sacrifice comes a blessing. Why even second guess God when he tells us to do something.. no matter how difficult, he always has a purpose, and the outcome is above and beyond what we could ever hope for or imagine.

I want faith like Abraham. I want to be able to step out and sacrifice for God no matter what the cost. Sacrifice and suffering only prepare us for the amazing life that God has in store. I can't wait to see what comes out of my sacrifices and my hardships. It's only just begun! I am standing firm on the promises that God has for me. I am confident that he will see every good work that he has begun in me to completion. I just have to put all of my focus on him.

No comments: