title image

title image

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving '12 memories

We celebrated our Thanksgiving at home this year. No traveling to a distant location for us. We just hopped next door for a Waln family Thanksgiving. It made things so nice and relaxing. I spent the morning tidying up the cottage and simmering some hot apple cider.

I loved having the sweet and spicy aroma of cider in the house as we enjoyed our morning. Jason was in and out smoking his traditional ham that  he always does. He does an amazing job~ I must say. ;)

There is always a super-sized feast at the Walns and this year didn't dissapoint. I wish I would have gotten more picutes. Family gatherings always make my heart happy.


I was feeling pretty fat and happy after dinner so I fully allowed myself to realax.

After hanging out with the family for the afternoon, Jason and I headed back home to relax and savor our last Thanksgiving in our cozy cottage.

 We snuggled up on the sofa in our pjs and watched some fun holiday specials on TV. It was both of our first time to see "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" ~so cute!  I love me some Charlie Brown. =) The rest of the weekend.....well, reality set in. Time to pack!! We spent the whole day surrounded by boxes and packing tape. It was a very productive day. We will be moving in officially next weekend! yaay!! I will miss some of the aspects of living in the country~  the privacy, the beautiful rolling hills, the ability to have a bonfire... well, that's about it. I'm ready to go back to city livin'
Oh! And one more thing.. it's definately been kinda odd this year not having our Christmas decorations up yet. As long as I can remember it's been a tradition to put them up Thanksgiving weekend. It doesn't feel like the Christmas holiday quite yet. Oh well. Playing Christmas music helps a little. Hopefully we'll get settled in the new place quickly and get some deco. up.

No comments: