title image

title image

Monday, November 19, 2012

It's Fall Ya'll

We've had quite a busy fall. After we got back from Florida, it was tough to get back into a routine. I wanted to stay on vacation. We definately hit the ground running right when we got back. I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is this week. Where has the time gone?! I could write a novel about all of our different activities. I will spare you and share my pictures instead. =)

We went to the pumpkin patch with this lovely group of friends from church. I couldn't remember the last time I had carved a pumpkin and it was definately a challenge. Jason took to his carving with intensity and was the first one done. He's amazingly handy and talented like that.







Excuse the blurriness of this one. This is my pirate and Jason's crow. My pirate's mouth fell off but overall, you can tell it's a pirate, right?! I was bummed to be reminded of how short the life span of a carved pumpkin is. WE enjoyed them for a few nights anyway.




This is our cozy cottage. Doesn't fall make it cute?

Speaking of our home... this just in...

WE'RE MOVING!!



Everything fell into place like the week after we got back from Florida. God just worked everything out for us to be able to live here in this cute little place in town and like 5 min. from everythning. While we will miss the peace and quiet and lovliness of country living, we are very excited to be in town. Praise God for his blessings!

All of the walls were white in our new place so we, along with some sweet friends, spent a Saturday making the place our own and painting the walls our choice colors. I am extremely happy with the greys and blues we chose. (more pictures later)


Happy Haloween!! Jason and I helped out at our church's fall festival. I think Jason is super convincing as Clark Kent.. don't you think?

We met up with mom and dad in Hardy, Ar. to celebrate her 60th birthday. (hard to believe huh?!) It was the perfect fall day for a walk around Mammoth Springs and antique shopping in old town Hardy. It was definately great to spend time with mom and dad. A wonderful day for sure. =)





We had a presidential election this year. There is a lot of fear and unrest in our country after Obama got re-elected. But you know what? God is still in control and he is the one who ultimately decides what happens. We have to trust in him no matter what.

I didn't get pictures, but another highlight of our fall season was having a bonfire at our home. It was the last time we entertained friends at The Cozy Cottage. It was so much fun. I love entertaining.I am looking forward to having more indoor space in our new place.

Catch ya here again soon. =)
 

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Yay! I was so glad to see your blog up at the top of my blog feed. I've missed you! Girl, y'all have been BUSY! More so than me, maybe. Glad you're back! I love you and cannot wait to see you soon...and not only you but pics of your new home! I'm so excited for you both!