title image

title image

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

refreshed thoughts


*This was originally written like last Monday. I put it on hold because I wanted to gather a few more pictures. I posted MOST of those pics a few days later. Words are sufficient for this post*

I just got back from a weekend in Memphis. It was wonderful. Simple and wonderful. It’s amazing how simple things such as quality time with family and friends can be just enough and WONDERFUL. Have I said wonderful enough?  Jason is working at mom and dad’s for two weeks so I had to leave him there. It was kinda odd.. leaving him and driving back to Springfield by myself. It almost felt backwards.. I used to leave him in Springfield and drive back to Memphis by myself or he’s leaving me in Memphis and driving back to Springfield by himself. Haha! Confusing! It was cool though, because Springfield is my home now. I was looking forward to my house and my bed.. I like that feeling.  

I decided not to complicate the weekend with multiple friends and activities. I wanted quality over quantity and that’s what I got. It was also a great weather weekend. I enjoy going back to Memphis. It helps me to remember who I am and where I came from. I think it’s good to be reminded of that sometimes. The devil likes to make us think that we are weird or out of place, but God made us who we are for a reason and there is no shame in that. I’m feeling more and more confident in who I am right now and who God has created me to be. Memphis is a happy place with plenty of happy memories. I am truly blessed in how I grew up.  My life in Springfield looks pretty different than my life did there, but it’s a good different. There are plenty of things in Springfield that I’ve had to and am still adjusting to, but the Lord knows my heart and is with me every step. It feels so different without Jason here. I will definitely be keeping busy and productive and doing things to better myself and our home. I have been refreshed and ready to GO! That’s one of the best things about getting away. So refreshing!

I am a big believer in getting away.. if its just for the day.. it helps clear your mind and gives you the relaxation you need. That kind of rest is healthy for the body and soul. Be encouraged today friends.

 

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I know I was only with you that one day on your weekend here, but it was refreshing to me as well! I love our time we have together, and I will take that any way you offer it. I don't need complicated or lots and lots of people, I just need time to feel like we caught up. And that night was perfect, wasn't it? I loved seeing you and Jennie.

I know you will be glad to have your man back home! I am sad that it hasn't worked so far to have him over. Todd has had four nights of training in the past two weeks, and with that and school and lacrosse starting...well, it just didn't work out for us to have him over. Will he be leaving Memphis over the weekend or Monday? Just curious.

I lurve you, Christa. God has blessed me with you, my friend.