title image

title image

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

the gap

On a quiet day, I occasionally enjoy reading my past posts to help stir up some memories. I love reading about the journey that has brought me to this point. I started blogging in 2008. I was pretty consistent througout 08-09 and then BAM!! A HUGE GAP! I blogged absolutely NOTHING in 2010. You want to know why?! He's called Jason Nicholas Waln. He showed up on the scene. My amazing husband.

It's pretty coincidental that my last blog post (written Dec.15, 2009)  before THE GAP was entitled "It's Over" ha! I feel like a prophet. That season of my life.. my singleness.. was indeed over. I believe it was that very week that I friended Jason on Facebook.

from Me on (Dec. 11, 2009)
Random friend request - 
"Hello. I am not sure if there has been any explination on your end.. but Lori Sallee sent me a friend suggestion for you and I thought.. Oh why not? It's always fun to get to know someone new... so ...If you don't already know.. Lori and I worked Memphis Discipleship walk together as table leaders and she wanted me to meet you. So there ya go! Have a great day!"

Crazy huh?! That's pretty much how we met in a nutshell. We were set up by a mutual friend that I met at Discipleship walk and he knew through church choir (more on that later).

Here is his response: (written the same day)

"Hi Christa! Yes, I do know who you are! Lori has told me about you and that the two of you became friends on the last DW. She WAS NOT supposed to send you a friend recommendation for me... She was supposed to send ME an recomend for you!!! Bless her heart... Lori messed up but thats ok! I sent Lori a text two days ago asking about you and she said she would send me a FB friend recomend of you and then she wished me luck getting to know you. I waited and it never came so i thought she just forgot! I was going to mention you tonite at choir rehersal but here you are. My compliments to you on "breaking the ice!" I stand impressed =) Now that i know your full name i will send you a friend request and I feel as you do I like making new friends and getting to know other people who love the Lord as I do =) I look forward to talking to you more! Jason"


This was our first meeting. I thought it was cute that he wanted to initiate, yet appreciated the fact that I did anyway. This man quite literally took over my life and I was sooo ready for him to do so.  I had lived so long without a special someone that I just wanted to suck in all the time with this man that I could. He took up my computer time. Here's a picture of us about  a year later: Married.




yes, we got married fast. While I regret not recording our fast track to marriage, our wonderful God given relationship, our amazing bonding experience with words.. I did get a lot of pictures. While pictures are worth a thousand words, actually journaling our journey would have been quite amazing. I would have loved to capture my thoughts and emotions and my conversations with God on this journey. But I didn't, thus, THE GAP. I will just have to fill you in with pictures and try to fill THE GAP the best I can.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love this! Your Christmas Miracle Man...come to life. :-) It's never too late to write down things in a journal as you remember them...even it's just jotting them down quickly, or certain phrases that you might remember...that way, you can share all the details with your children someday!

I miss you and love you!