title image

title image

Monday, June 4, 2012

unified for Africa

Sunday we had a tribute to Africa at church. Jason and I were on the worship team and we got to wear matching African garb. Aren't we cute?! The emphasis was on African missions. We have a team of 14 men from our church going in November to build a tabernacle through and organization called Africa's hope. At the end of the service we took a special offering to buy the materials for the church that they will be building while they are there.

 I love missions. We sang "A New Hallelujah" by MW. Smith. The kids choir and adult choir were involved. I got misty eyed multiple times. There is something about that song.. It's a song about everyone from every nation singing praises to God. I"m not sure what it is.. but when I see unity in the body and everyone coming together for the same purpose.. I get emotional. Even in those asteroid movies when people join together to protect themselves and to prepare for disaster.. There's something about people coming together in unity. And when you put that unity in Christ and for God's purposes.. she's a misty mess.

What a special Sunday we had. I hope that Jason and I can go to Africa someday. Jason has never gone on a missions trip. I hope he has the opportunity soon. I know it's right up his alley. He's got a heart for it. I know he does. God is faithful and I know that someday he will. We will.

No comments: