title image

title image

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

glitter makes everything better

I got to play with glitter last night!

you are never too old to appreciate the fun that is glitter. I was working on a banner for Jason's grad party and it turned out pretty good! I'm still not done.. I've gotta do another coat so no white shows through and i'm debating doing the back. If it's against a wall.. there is no need to do the back. I just don't want it to look ghetto. Maybe not for this party, but for another.

Creating with glitter was theraputic for me last night. Jason called me around noonish yesterday asking about a whole row of DVD's that were missing from our TV cabinet. As he walked around the house and processed a little.. (he had come home to a different lock locked on both doors than the lock we normally do) he discovered that his PS3, my ipod, and his laptop were missing. We had been robbed! What an awful feeling! The only other time I had been robbed (and it wasn't even me, it was mom and dad) I felt so violated. This time it was different. I felt violated, but I was more mad and sad for our loss. But after all of that.. I had peace and wanted to move on. Jason was still pretty sad when I got home. I think because he was the one to discover it, it hit him harder. That, and he's a guy. He wants to protect.

We changed our locks today. Jason, my hero protector husband stayed at home until he did everything he thought to protect the house. The pooter heads who took our stuff got in with a key. We're pretty sure they found our hiding spot and then returned the key to it's spot afterwards, but we don't know for sure if they made a copy or even had one of their own. (God forbid).

I am so so thankful that neither Jason nor I were hurt. I am thankful that they didn't break anything or find more valuable things. I am thankful that I had my laptop and cameara with me at work that day to do some photo editing. God is faithful. Even though he allowed this to happen.. they are just things that can be replaced. We will be ok. We are not hurt or without money.. we will be ok. I just pray that we have a peace next time we have to leave our home. I know we will think differently when it comes to security from now on. Thank you Lord for you protection when it could have been much worse.

I ask that you pray for whoever did this. They obviously are in a desperate situation and need help. They need Jesus. They need to be pulled out of the mess they are in. God will bring them justice and in the process.. Lord, change their lives.

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Oh, girl...I'm so sorry! I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but I'm taking a moment NOW to pray for the one who did it. And you are right...stuff can be replaced, but lives cannot.

Christa said...

Thanks for your prayers. We've been praying for them too. We will be fine. God is faithful.