title image

title image

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

trust the builder


I love to blog and I love looking at other people's blogs and seeing their creativity. I am amazed at times. I love to look at the mom blogs.. I love seeing their sweet babies' faces. I definately look forward to the day that I can post my sweet babies faces on my blog. For now, I get to post my sweet husband's face.. he's my family.. we are the foundation.

As a 30 year old woman.. my desire to have children grows stronger and stronger all the time. Most of my friends have 2 and 3 kids by now. It was the same when I got married.. all or most of my friends beat me to the alter by a long shot. But you know what, Jason has been well worth the wait and I know that when God gives us the green light to have babies of our own, it will be his PERFECT timing, just like it was when he brought Jason in my life. Everything worked perfectly with us.

I had to play catch up today on my Proverbs 31 e-mail readings and one of the devos. fits perfectly with what i'm talking about here. I hope this word encourages your heart as it did mine.


God is the builder of everything, including us. We are God’s house, His temple, where His Holy Spirit resides. He is always at work building our lives so that He can be glorified through us.

The Barnes Notes Commentary refers to the meaning of Hebrews 3:4 in this way: “Every family must have a founder; every dispensation an author; every house a builder. There must be someone, therefore, over all dispensations….” And that Someone is God.

The theological definition of the word ‘dispensation’ means “the divine ordering of the affairs of the world; an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.”

God is arranging and re-arranging our lives in accordance with His will. Step-by-step, day-by-day, and with each circumstance we face. He is constructing a dwelling place for His Presence within us.


God has a holy vision of the divine masterpiece He is building in our lives. Although we may not understand or like the building process, we can trust our Builder and know that He is always looking out for our best.

Dear Lord, I trust You are doing a good work in me. Help me embrace the promise that You are building my life based on Your beautiful design, even when I cannot envision the outcome. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


Psalm 127:1, “Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.” (NIV)



No comments: