title image

title image

Thursday, March 22, 2012

praying for my husband from head to toe


Head
Father, I ask that you would continually renew my husband's mind, resulting in a transformed life. Help him bring every thought to Christ and make it obedient to you. Give him a greater understanding of Your word. Help him to think on things that are pure and right and worthy of praise. (Psalm 119:15,Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 10:5)

Eyes
Lord, keep my husband's eyes to spiritual truths that You have for him. Help him to see things as You see them. Please guard his eyes from things that make his heart wanter away from you and me.
(Psalm 119:18, Psalm 119:37)

Ears
Father, help my husband to hear Your voice clearly. Give him wisdom to recognize your voice with certainty. Protect him fro listening to those who aren't seeking or walking with you. Guard him from negativity of what others say, and help him to discern between good and evil. Thank you for giving him the ability to determine what is of You and what is not. (Isaiah 30:21, 1 Kings 3:9, 1John 4:1)

Mouth
Jesus, help my husband to speak the truth in love. Your desire is for him to be quick to listen and slow to speak- so I pray that you would make that his desire too. Give him courage to lovingly confront when necessary. Let the words he speaks be yours, not his own. Help him to speak words that bring grace and truth the the hearers. Thank you that You want to help him grow in his ability and desire to communicate with you and others. (Psalm 19:14, 119: 13, 41:3, Ephesians 4:15, 4:29, James 1:19).

Heart
Lord, instill in my husband's hear a desire to seek passionately after you. Teach him to guard his heart with dilligence and wisdom. Help him deal with anything in his heart that is not pleasing to You or that separates him from you. Create in him a pure heart, O Lord. Thank you that you are enabling him to lead our family with integrity and honor. (Psalm 78:72, 119:10-11, Proberbs 4:23, 1 Thessalonians 3:13).

Hands
Lord, I pray everything my husband does would be done with his whole heart, serving you rather than man. Seeking to please You alone. I pray you will increase his skills and his abilities so that he might bring honor and glory to you-and feel like a good provider for our family. Thank you for blessing everything he puts his hands to. (Psalm 24:3-4, Collosians 3:23)

Feet
Jesus, I pray my husband would love your words and walk i your ways. Help him walk in a manner that is worthy of you, bearing fruit in every good work. I pray you'd show him how to creatively share you truth with our kids as he does life with them each day. Father, when he walks through the valley of the shadow of doubt and difficulties, I pray he would fear no evil because he knows that you are with him. Thank you for loving and leading him. (Deut. 6:7, 8:6, Collosians 1:10, Psalm 23:4)

www.ReneeSwope.com

No comments: