title image

title image

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

now trending

because it's about the little things in life...

I have a fellow blogger and bff ~the loverly Jennifer~   (this post in particular)  that is so amazing at remembering the little details in life. I wish I had her memory, but I really don't. Part of the reason I blog is to remember the details.. the sweet moments and life events. I want to look back and remember. So.. I'll start a new series.. "now trending" to make sure I remember what was top on my list and what i'm liking/doing at the moment-some minor details and some not so minor... So.. without further adue..here's my first installment:

~Gold nail polish by OPI- by Sephora- LOVE IT! (It's currently on my toes).


~Party Planning!- i'm in the thick of planning two: dad's 60th retro birthday bash- the theme is 1950's retro. So fun! We'll be doing a simple family only gathering an grilling out his fav. foods.. steak, tomato salad, and top it off with peanut butter shakes - YUMM!!just to name a few...  ~ and these!



Jason's graduation party- lots of family and friends, yummy grill out picnic style food, and a very special cake. I"m so proud of my man!

(both events will be properly documented)

~Easter photo shoot with baby Brielyn- my co-worker Jessica had a beautiful baby girl in  November and I get to capture her adorable self in some Easter shots at the park. Jessica and I talk about the shoot every day, sharing ideas... we're just a smidge excited.

~ The Pioneer Woman!!

 I read her blog every day and her newest blessing to us: her cooking show on the Food network! LOVE!  it's refreshing dose of wholesome happy family values and simple, yet totally memorable activities- it makes me want to be a better cook and I can hardly wait to start a wholesome family of my own! oh! AND HER NEW COOKBOOK CAME OUT TODAY~ a must have!

~ Easter musical prep- I'm in the ensemble and Jason is playing a Roman soldier named Marcus. We only have like three weeks- Yikes!!

~Hobby Lobby- I pay a visit at least once a week, if not twice. With all these parties coming up and the adorable Easter photo shoot, i can't get enough!  ( not to mention the fact that we plan for a kids service every Sunday night).

~Driving like a granny- Jason and I are enrolled in a new money saving program through our insurance called "Snapshot" Basically if we drive like grannies, we save money. The negative side of this- we have to do this for 6 months to get our final discout.

~Leg warmers with high boots (but not for much longer)


~ leggings!! I love me some leggings and I hope they stay in style for a LOOOONG time!! (I particularly enjoy them while i'm feeling fluffy).

~Fingerless gloves (just for the winter)

~ Guilty Pleasures~ The Bachelor (totally disappointed in Ben's final pick)



 America's Next Top Model

~ New show "Smash"- (the verdict is still out on the show itself,but i LOOOVE the concept~ it's about a developing broadway play) The music, dancing- LOVE! I"m hoping it doesn't get too scandelous.

AND right at this moment~ a Dr. Pepper icee~ Ahhh!! MUCH NEEDED!



3 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Goodwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you for your sweet words! You will have a better memory when you have kids...trust me. They keep you on your toes! I love this post...love the polish, hated the Bachelor ending...bleh. I don't even know why I still watch after all these years. Did you see that Allie and Roberto broke up?? :( I loved them! I so hope I can see your beautiful face while you're here this month!

Lurve you! Counting down to my Madea play tomorrow night!! AUGH!!!