title image

title image

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

fresh from 1989

It's another trip down memory lane. Last night, Jason brought me something very exciting that had come in the mail. He knew I would be excited about it and he was right. ( I love how he knows me so well). Anyway.. I opened up this little treat..
Straight from 1989 and my childhood. I actually had the casette version of this wonderful little children's CD. So why, you ask, does a 30 year old woman have a kids cd? Well, It's because we are using one of the songs from this CD for our church kids to sing on mother's day. The song is called "Love Makes a Friend be a Friend Like You" It's the sweetest song where a mother and daughter sing a prescious little duet. We're planning on having the kids sing all the solos of course. There won't be a dry eye in the house on mother's day.

So, back to 1989. I would have been about 8 when this CD came out. And Oh my goodness.. I was obsessed! I loved every single song. This CD is timeless and I would highly recommend it if you have kids.

Right around the time this tape (back then) came out, I was a part of an all kids singing group that was formed and directed by kids called "The Group" (yeah, we came up with the name ourselves). We performed exclusively for our children's church body and we even had a for real director who would stand in front of us and wave his arms like a choir director. It was classic! We sang a couple of tunes from the tape and some of us girls fought over who would get to sing Sandi's parts. (After all, she was our favorite singer at the time).

Last night, as I was driving home, I had the windows down and I was belting out the songs like I was 8 years old again. I remembered all the words and everything. It was a sweet time! I was excited to hear myself much improved from when I was 8. I could hit all, or most, of Sandi's notes. =)

2 comments:

the Stueves said...

Christa, I LOVE THIS CASSETTE!!!!!!! My sister and I were obsessed! I would make her give me all of Sandi's parts. mwhahaha. So great. xoxo!!!

Christa said...

It's a CLASSIC for sure! I'm so glad to own the cd so I can share it with my kids somday. I was obsessed with Sandi!