title image

title image

Monday, February 6, 2012

seeing gold

Ok, first of all.. let me just say how pleased I am with my new blog look. I've been working for a while now, trying to figure out how to get the perfect look and i'm quite pleased with what i've learned and the changes "Blogger" has made to make blogging fun and fabulous! =)

I had a GREAT weekend. I must say.. weekends are always great but I particularly enjoyed this one. The highlight was definately spending time with our niece, Hannah.
She spent the night with us for the first time on Friday night. I picked her up after work and headed straight for the mall.. a favorite activity for both of us. We spent a good 3 hours there.. breezing in and out of the stores, both being super picky about how we would spend what little money we had. I ended up with this.
i'm quite smitten by it. I only paid $15 dollars for it.. I definately got a steal. It's not designer, but it's the color and look I totally wanted. I was pretty proud. With sore feet, Hannah and I headed home where Jason had fixed tortellini with tomato sauce and some yumma lumma garlic bread. We ate, chatted a little, then watched "School of Rock" I was the only one to finish the movie still awake. I'm pretty sure that being a night person does not run in my husband's family. ;)  The next morning, Jason and I tag teamed it for a delicious breakfast of bacon and homemade cottage cheese pancakes. (you can guess that my husband was responsible for the bacon). After breakfast Jason challenged Hannah to some old school Super Mario brothers while I got ready. Hannah and I , being the super shopping junkies that we are, decided to spend our Saturday on another shopping spree while Jason studied Greek and prepared for his Tuesday night class. (he's so dedicated). After racking up at the $1 Jewelry store and finding a great photo album for Mimi's 80th b-day gift at Target, I scored this lovely little treat:

It's called "Meet me Under the Mistletoe" do you sense a theme? That's right- it's GOLD!!  I totally adore the color. It's not one of those colors that just looks good in the bottle. I'm proud of myself for finding a great color. Oh! Hannah said the funniest thing and I THINK it was a good thing.. she told me in the car that she thought her Uncle Jason and I should have our own TV show. She said we just said the funniest things and she would watch it every day. I guess i'm flattered that she thinks we are interesting.. haha!! I wasn't quite sure how to take that, but I will choose to take it as a compliment. =)

Anyway..  Jason and I enjoyed the rest of our Saturday evening in. It was cold and rainy and perfect. He has this thing for seafood, being from Cali., so we splurged for some super fresh shrimp. He prepared it with butter, balsamic vinegarette and some seasoning- we dipped some of the leftover garlic bread with it.. it was quite yummy. I definately have to watch my weight being married to a man that likes to cook and cook BIG! Speaking of big and food and nights in...

This was my Sunday night- Super Bowl Sunday= good times with my hubby.

we ate ourselves silly.. seriously- I was feeling lightheaded, had a headache and just didn't feel good later. Haha!! As long as we don't make a habit of this.. Oh well.. way to go Giants! =)

No comments: