title image

title image

Monday, February 20, 2012

bessie's birthday, pig intestines, and rabbis

So much to talk about! Last week I didn't go home until 8:30/9 every night . I will try and cover the highlights..

Thursday night, Jason's family celebrated the 80th birthday of his sweet mimi, Bessie Faye. She's from Mississippi and she acts and talks like it too. She's a little spitfire and doing and looking so well for her age! Jason and I gifted her with a photo album of pictures that I took that evening. photos here

Friday night i went to a "cropping" fundraiser with some of the same people- Jason's cousin Heather and her sweet mom, Patty. What is cropping you ask? Well, it's a scrapbook expert's term for Scrapbooking. I have been gathering supplies for about a year now and I was finally ready to start my official wedding scrapbook. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I will have to take some shots of my fav. pages to share here.

Saturday was a  FREE DAY! I woke up a little earlier than normal because I was so excited to start editing the photos from Mimi's party. I got that done and did some deep cleaning around the house. Then Jason and I set out for errand running. It was a beautiful day and an activity we both enjoy. We were productive then rewarded ourselves with some mexican. YUMM!! Except for one part- My husband, the sneaky man, talked me into trying Menudo- a traditional Mexican soup. He had told me about it before and said I needed to try it. Well.. I tried it. The main ingredient is Tripe- ok, it's fish.. or so I thought.. Yep, tripe is PIG INTESTINES!! ICK!  I hated the taste before I even knew what it was. BLEH!! Jason gave me a gold star for trusting him in trying something without knowing what it really was. He's a sneaky one he is.. I will have to get him back!

Sunday was fun. A short day. We had to go back in to church for Easter musical rehearsal at 4:00. Kid's service was fun. We are doing a series on "The Names of Jesus" and last night's word was "Rabbi"- teacher. Jason dressed up in a full Rabbi garb and taught the lesson complete with a Jewish accent. It was classic. Another highlight was that Jason  had Jr. Rabbi's come up one at a time to read the scriptures that went along with the lesson: the kids giggled every time their friends put on a bible headwrap similar to Jason's. We got pictures, but they are not on my camera =( I will get them posted soon. We ended the kid's service playing bible trivia twister. Good times.

It's monday. Another free night. Jason and I will definately enjoy having some time to recover from a busy week and weekend. Until next time..

2 comments:

Number One Fan said...

enjoy your blog....enjoy YOU!

Christa said...

Mom, is that you?