title image

title image

Thursday, January 26, 2012

the road less traveled

“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8


I read a great devo. this morning from my Proverbs 31 daily e-mail. It was talking about how easy isn’t always good. Sometimes the easy way gets us into trouble, or leaves a wake of disaster behind us. Just because something is more difficult doesn’t mean it’s wrong and we should choose the easy route. It’s just like walking with Christ. It’s not easy at times.. it’s often the harder road. It’s not popular always and it takes a lot of guts to stand up for what you believe in. I love this challenge. Character is not built from one moment to the next, it’s build in the midst of trial and waiting. Where would we be without that hard road? Something to think about.. I know I will.

Yesterday after I shared my financial blessing I decided to share one each day. My hope is that it will encourage you and will hold me accountable in claiming one each day. The blessing I chose for today goes right along with what i've just talked about:

"When bad News Comes"

I am not shaken when I hear bad news. I will not let a bad report affect my joy or rob me of my peace. I will not let bad news discourage me or cause me to become fearful. God has a plan for me to overcome this financial adversity. This was no suprise to Him. He will make a way where there seems to be no way. I cast all the problems of this situation over to the Lord. I will not let worry, fear, or anxious thoughts trouble me. The HOly Spirit gives me insight, wisdom , and favor to navigate my way throug this adversity.

God is my provider, my deliverer, and my strong tower. I have learned to live independent of circumstances. The Holy Spirit gives me clear and specific directions concerning what I should do. Jesus will never leave me or forsake me. Therefore I will not let my heart be troubled. I will trust in God and I will boast in His Word. What the enemy has meant for evil, God will turn it to my good. I will patiently wait and see the salvation of the Lord.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Isn't it awesome that we have the peace that surpasses all understand??? Phil.4:6 and 7 (one of my memory verses)

This is what I wish the entire world knew...that we have nothing to fear, He has every little thing, every little detail all in the palm of His hand. And whether or not we think we can "handle" it, He already has a plan to work it out for our good!

What an awesome God we serve.

Love you!