title image

title image

Thursday, January 19, 2012

reflection

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?


Played an old woman in a children’s play

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Honestly, I don’t remember what my resolution was last year. I never make much of a deal of them. This year, I just want to improve myself all around- shouldn’t we always be wanting to do that?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

These days it seems that EVERYONE is having babies!! My friends Amy and Kerri had baby boys: Luke and Ben My friend Ashley had a girl: Bryley

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, My grandfather. He lived 8 hours away, but close all the same.

5. What countries did you visit?

Unfortunately, none. Europe is the goal!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

I would absolutely love to have a baby. But that’s up to the good Lord.


7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Oh wow! I’m not sure if I have specific dates.. nothing monumental enough for that.

8. What was your biggest achievement for the year?

I’ve adjusted to being a wife and having my own home.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I didn’t spend enough personal time with the Lord.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing physical.. just had to make some emotional adjustments.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I enjoyed making my husband’s birthday special. We went ziplining and to a yummy hamburger place. I enjoyed spoiling him for a few days surrounding his birthday.

12. Where did most of your money go?

Bills

13. What did you get really excited about?

My new camera at Christmas- It’s a longtime dream of mine to take up photography.


14. What song will always remind you of 2011?

Let It Snow- Michael Buble


15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

-Happier or sadder?

Happier!

-Thinner or fatter?

fluffier

-Richer or poorer?

Same.

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Cooked for my husband more, gone to Memphis for visits.. traveled


17. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Being discontent


18. How did you spend Christmas?

On Christmas Eve me and my hubby had a special fancy dinner at home and exchanged one gift between the two of us and then watched “It’s A Wonderful Life” while cozied on the couch. On Christmas day we went to his parents’ house for brunch and tons of presents with the immediate family. We hung out there for a while.. I had fun with my new camera.. then we were lazy the rest of the day/week.. I had the whole week off- it was wonderful!


19. What was your favorite TV program?

Do I have to pick one? Some that I get most excited about are America’s Next Top Model (don’t judge), The Next Iron Chef, and Criminal Minds

20. What were your favorite books of the year?

The Power of a Praying Wife

21. What was your favorite music this year?

Michael Buble’s Christmas CD.


22. What were your favorite films of the year?

Sherlock Holmes, seeing Lion King in 3-D

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 30- My husband planned a whole weekend of specials- but the highlight was definitely my surprise Roller Staking Party with family and friends.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More music

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

Comphy simple chic and leggings!

26. What kept you sane?

The love of my husband and Jesus

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.

That I can be content no matter what!! I just need to keep my eyes on Jesus and not let my mind tell me otherwise. Focus on the positive and strive to make new goals!





No comments: