title image

title image

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

not the same

A word for today:
When we come into God’s presence, He fills us. The Lord changes us so that we are not the same as we were when we came to Him. Ezekiel 46:9 represents this exchange of old for new. The people of Israel were told when they came into the temple area to worship, they were to enter through one gate and exit through the opposite gate.


So the same should be true with us; we are “not to go back as we came, but more holy, and heavenly, and spiritual” (Matthew Henry). As we enter into our special times with God, we need to come out the “opposite gate,” different than the way we went in.

This was my reading this morning. A wonderful reminder to not allow what you've given to God back into your heart and mind. Leave it with him! God bears our burdens and casts out all fear. He is a good God and doesn't expect us to bear the load, the burdens of life on our own. What a good God he is. He loves us so much. I am so thankful to have been raised in a home that taught me to love God and to put him in priority. What a blessing.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you for this. I needed it. (See my Mama Bear post on my blog and then read the comments.)

I love you! Keep on writing...you're doing an amazing job!