title image

title image

Monday, January 23, 2012

my weekend with THE MAN

Do you ever have one of those days/ moments/ weeks where you feel like you just can't keep up with all the ideas and list of desired accomplishments in your head and you just don't do any of them because there are too many clogging your brain and preventing you from funcioning? (breathe) haha!! I do. ALL THE TIME! I wonder if I have ADD. My moms says I do and apparently she's the expert since she has a masters in counseling.. anyway.. sometimes I wonder, how does one go about doing all that he/she desires to accomplish without being compeltely overwhelmed? One step at a time. You know, I think it starts with taking a deep breath, then praying. Yep, God will align my thoughts, desires , dreams.. then help me put them into action in the order that he wills them. I'm already doing better at blogging. I'm feeling my brain juices flowing again.. I love this feeling! God is faithful.

Jason and I had a productive weekend. Friday was something new... after work i went over to my boss's house (she's around my age) along with my two other co-workers and had a movie night. We had pizza hut, rolo snacks, too much coke and watched Forrest Gump. A lifelong classic I will never tire of. I am very blessed to have co-workers that I get along with/ enjoy spending time with outside of work. We're all around the same age and that definately helps. Jason got some alone time (which he desperately needed) which always translates to me coming home finding him on the couch watching either Star Trek or Stargate. (yes, I married a sci-fi nerd). I actually encourage my hubby to relax.. he works super hard (sometimes too hard) Sometimes I have to order him to sit on the couch for a while. For this, i admire him. He's not a work-aholic, he's just a hard worker who does everything 110% and I love him for this.

Saturday we slept in and got lots done around the house. Jason had greek homework and I always have house work. He also took that time to prepare for his Tuesday night class that he teaches at church and to organize his notes for Kid's church on Sunday night. It was definately a productive afternoon. Sometimes those are my absolute favorite Saturdays.. just being around the house.. being productive. ahhh. After we had accomplished our goals for the day, we got dressed up for a date night in honor of Jason being clean for 5 years. (that's a very long story, but my husband has been delivered  from a period of addiction.. Praise God!). I wanted to make a big deal of this very awesome accomplishment. We used one of our Christmas gift cards to Red Lobster because my husband is a seafood fan. It was a lovely evening. We stuffed ourselves on scallops, crab cakes, and yummy chicken.. then topped it all off with some concretes from Andy's- yummmm!!!.
when we got home, we changed into our stretchy pants and enjoyed the movie Father of the Bride. Jason had never seen it, but i knew he would love it. Sure enough- he did. We totally joked that he will be just like Steve Martin, the father, someday. I love that he knows this already and isn't even a dad yet. =)

Sunday was busy. It was one of those days that we packed everything up in the morning and took it with us to church because we wouldn't be coming home again until after evening service. We had a wonderful morning of worship and an inspiring word. We ate yummy soup with some nice friends at their home and then were back to church early for a Kid's Ministry meeting. Our kids service went well (Kid's Club Connection) We've got great kids. I will have to dedicate a whole post to our kids.

God is good friends.. God is  SO GOOD!

2 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! I enjoyed our phone date today...thank you. Turns out I needed it! Congrats to Jason for the 5 year mark...that is HUGE and worthy of celebrating. I love you, dear friend! (((Hugs)))

Christa said...

and I love YOU! Yes, the phone date was very timely for me as well. YOu are a treasured gift to me. I have so much to be thankful for!