title image

title image

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Monster of Emotion

I just got the most amazing quote from a Godly lady friend of mine. "Emotions are the most shallow part of our being." - Dr. Adrian Rogers. Wow!! If I could learn to handle my emotions with that mindset, i'd be in such a greater place!! If I could truely take that quote and believe it for myself and live that way, I would save myself trouble in the past and in the future. I would save myself heartache and not so wise reactions, or words spoken. I pray that God reminds me of that quote when I am tempted to react based on my emotions. When something stirs up your emotions, sit in it and let the emotion pass, I have learned that the more I sit on it, the easier it is to feel better about it later. And when I do this, I save myself from reacting in a way I should not, from hurting others, and I end up having a better outlook. I believe that Satan also stirs up our emotions and he has the victory when we react to them. Think about it...

No comments: