title image

title image

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today's Challenge

I am taking part in Raleigh A/g's "79 Day Challenge" Day four's challenge was written by my friend Shane Ivy. It totally spoke to me and is so what God is teaching me these days and showing me to do more of. I was happy to accept today's challenge and I hope you can too!

1 Corinthians 10:31: So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (New Living Translation)
I will never forget my little league baseball coach, and his famous pre-game speeches. His coaching overflowed into life lessons that would later bear fruit far beyond the baseball diamond. I’ll never forget him telling us, “There are no spectators on this team. Everyone has a job.”
Just as each member of a baseball team has a position, each individual has a role to play in life. Our words, our actions and our attitudes all have an impact on the hearts of people around us. God has given each of us the job of sharing His love with others. There is no time to sit around watching others; our work is ongoing and has eternal consequences.
"Back each other up!"
We are all imperfect people. We will all drop a ball or miss an occasional important play, and we desperately need to know that others are in the game with us and are ready to back us up. Just as we need the support of those around us, we need to be alert enough to back up others when they need us.
"Talk to your teammates. Tell them your intentions. "
The spectacular crash of two eager outfielders going after the same ball is a perfect example of the "collision" that happens when we misunderstand the needs or intentions of others. As a player, we need to step up to the responsibilities that come our way and call out "I got it!" As a teammate, we must respect the coach's ability to assign tasks and then listen to the intentions of others.
As you head off into your world, realize that you are where you are for a reason. God has planted you to be there for your co-workers. Let every conversation and every random act of kindness happen for HIS GLORY!
Shane Ivy

No comments: