title image

title image

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

baby lately

This was taken last week at 15 weeks.


We got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday. It was incredible. We recorded it on a special device that mom got from her sister Judy. We're going to give it back to mom of course, but I can't help but keep pressing play over and over again to  hear that beautiful sound.

Jason counted the beats per minute and it's like 160 some. We've read that under 140 is a boy, so Jason is extremely excited that this could mean we're having a girl. I'm trying not to convince myself either way. I want to be excited no matter what~ no expectations.

I am feeling little flutters of movement from baby Waln but I have to be very still most of the time and can't quite tell sometimes if it's baby or other body movements. I want to see and or hear that baby all the time.. to know it's ok. Dr. Kidder said everything was on track and healthy. He did, however, tell me I haven't gained as much weight as other women do. I've gained 3 pounds and most women have gained 10 by now. He told me to make sure i'm eating more Andy's. Ok! ;)

We made our next appointment with the Dr. for early February. I will have another ultrasound. This time.. we get to find out what we're having!! I can hardly wait! Not much longer now. Mom and dad are coming from Memphis so they can be there to find out what their first grandchild will be. I'm so happy they are able to come. It will be so special to have them here.

My mind is filled with all things baby.. I have been getting all kinds of ideas online for decorating the baby's room. What did women do before Pinterest?!
My flea market find from Saturday~ so cute

 I want to go like yesterday to register. I think i'll probably get Jason to do some stroller and carseat shopping with me this weekend. Ahh!! So fun! =) I want to make sure it's nothing but the best for this prescious baby.

No comments: