title image

title image

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

i promise i'm not materialistic~ just blessed

I'm finding more and more that i'm pretty spoiled blessed. This past Friday marked the beginning of my birthday week. Jason is away at kids camp this week and he wanted to make sure he did something sweet before he left since he wont be here for my birthday. He's so sweet, in fact, that he almost didn't go to camp because he didn't want to miss my birthday. (awww!) Anyway..

Friday night we went to a baseball game with friends. His first gift for birthday week was a donut. Nope, not a donut you eat, but one you sit on. We went the economical route and purchased "seats" in the grass which consists of sitting on a blanket on the grass. I would have been extremely sore if I didn't have my donut. My hubby is so thoughtful, isn't he?!

Here's our view. (I apoligize for the lack of donut picture)


Saturday Jason and his dad spent the day working on our kitchen. Talking about this totally reminds me that I need to take "after" shots. (another post) So.. I needed to definately get out of our small house while the boys were making a mess. So. I met up with mom at my favorite place (that's right, the mall) and headed out for a day of shopping and girly time. We ended up getting mani pedis and shopped until we dropped. It was fabulous!

We met Jason at this really great new tex mex restaurant for some very unique flavors. I would have to say that my favorite was the guacamole. If you live in Springfield and are a lover of guacamole, go to Santa Fe grill. Even if you don't live in springfield and are an avid foodie and travel for food.. or even just want to come see me... I'll take you there! They have a guacamole bar and they make it fresh. You can pick from the two variations they have or you can make your own. Ours was spicy and had corn in it~ a first for me.  Anyway.. We stuffed our bellies there and then went for a walk at a nearby park. The End. (of Saturday, that is)

Sunday was a family party at Houlihan's. YUM! That's another restaurant you need to try. Everyone gave me gift cards so I could feed my additiction love for shopping. She's a happy girl if you give her money to spend on whatever she wants. =) I also got one of these babies-

Yes.. it's my very own IPhone. At times I think that i'm the last person on the planet to have one.I will love her and pet her and call her George. Ok, i'm done.  I"m excited. My husband rocks.

Back to my story.. On Monday I sent my hubby off on his first EVER kids camp. I am so excited he is getting this experience. While i'm slightly sad that he won't be here on my actual birthday, he's made up for it big time. He's left little gifts around our house and has had my mom, who is visiting from Memphis, deliver the clues birthday card style. He's so sweet huh? This is the present I found in his grill last night at 11:30.

I had spotted the purse in a store months ago and he went back the next day to get it. I had even forgotten that I had seen it. Yep, he's good ;)

Mom and I went to Aviary Creperie ~the most wonderful restaurant for a girls night~ last night

Afterwards we went on a SHOPPING SPREE!!! I had a goal to get some items to spiff up our home. I found a lot of what I was looking for PLUS I got a fabulous Calvin Klein dress for a fabulous price. We did good.

This morning my sweet and wondeful hubby gifted me with a lens cleaning cloth for my camera.  So thoughtful! I super curious to see what I have waiting for me tonight.. Why would he stop now? My real birthday is tomorrow. Yes I know, I'm spoiled. And very blessed. I can' t wait to bless him right back!

No comments: